Tuesday, February 16, 2010


daybook
february 16


Outside my window...OMG the sun is shining!!!! I can't believe it. Could it possibly be true?? The snow is melting a little bit...revealing things long since hidden in the back yard. More snow due this weekend, but I am enjoying this reprieve. It is lifting my spirits!



I am thankful for...colleagues who care for me and students who seem concerned when I am not feeling well. Like today.



From the kitchen...I suck at cooking...later today I am going to melt chocolate and peanut butter together and then add coconut, stir it all together and then shove the concoction into my gaping maw.



I am wearing...jeans, a long sleeve white shirt with a short sleeve brown sweater over it and a cranberry and orange scarf wound round my neck several times.



Pondering these words... "Are you listening to this? Really listening?" Luke 14:34b...am I listening to him? Really listening??



I am going...to stay home from work tomorrow...I have got to beat this thing I've got.


I am reading...Android's Dream by John Scalzi



I am hearing...Rebekah coughing and coughing and coughing. We are in the home stretch right now and hoping we will be well when our guests arrive on Friday.


Around the house...All paint and materials purchased for our under the stairs hideout.


I am hoping (hint hint)... that Frank and Tony wouldn't mind helping us make under the stairs look like a screen shot from Super Mario.



One of my favorite things...that after a dark, lonely and depressing night one can wake up assured of God's love and with a new feeling of hope mirroring the blue sky and shimmering ice crystals.



A few plans for the rest of the week: rest tomorrow, work and loooots of scrubbing to get everything ship shape for our guests' arrival. Oh, and get my roots touched up so I don't look like someone who lives under a bridge. Just can't rock that look.


A picture thought I am sharing...


Olympic curling makes me think of my grandfather who also was a curler.

1 comment:

Gramma said...

Absolutely - I do the same thing. He loved it and was really good at it too! Hope you and Bekah feel better by Friday.