Tuesday, March 09, 2010



daybook
march 9


Outside my window...snow is gently falling. It is really cold. For a couple of weeks we got a delicious taste of spring and now it is like a bad joke. Most everyone I know is fed up with winter. On March 14th we will be officially at the 6 months of winter mark as our first snow storm was October 14th.

From the kitchen...real food. Frank and Tony have ruined my life. They cooked for us all the time while they were here...YUMMY...but now my family expects me to COOK ACTUAL MEALS! So, I have scammed from the boys some of their recipes and made a menu and a shopping list. Armed with these things no amount of laziness or microwaveable prepared foodstuffs can stop me!


I am wearing...a white long sleeve shirt with a brown short sleeve sweater, a denim A-line skirt, blue, cream and brown striped tights and brown patent leather wooden heels.


Pondering these words... "Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one. Wouldn't you leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it? When found, you can be sure you would put it across your shoulders, rejoicing, and when you got home call in your friends and neighbors, saying, 'Celebrate with me! I've found my lost sheep!' Count on it—there's more joy in heaven over one sinner's rescued life than over ninety-nine good people in no need of rescue." Luke 15:4-7
I am thankful for...God seeking after the Lost Ones, finding us and setting us free.


I am going...to an italian restaurant tonight with my family and Danny's Advanced English students.


I am reading...Stephen King's newest book "Under the Dome"...which so far is like the Simpson's Movie for grown-ups. It's really good.
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Under-the-Dome/Stephen-King/9781439148501



I am hearing...the washing machine fill up with water. Sometimes it's the simple things...



Around the house...All paint and materials purchased for our under the stairs hideout. Painting commences on March 20th.


I am hoping...for Spring. While tending a garden my heart grows full to bursting with joy. Winter, in this aspect, leaves me wanting.


One of my favorite things...receiving a fresh box of Junior Mints from my wonderful father-in-law. I am a Junior Mint connoiseur and with a quick shake of the box I can with all confidence proclaim the freshness of the Junior Mints ensconced within. If the mints rattle, they are stale. Conversely, if there is a squidgy (pardon my technical terminology) thud, thud, thud, rest assured, you are about to partake in fresh, premium Junior Mints.




A few plans for the rest of the week: a hike with my beloved, Bible study group on Friday and bowling (really, bowling?) with the OM team.




A picture thought I am sharing...






Danny and I took Frank and Tony to the airport in Prague last Thursday. We had to be there at 8am as their plane left at 9:55. After we said goodbye to them we had the whole day ahead of us. Kids at school. Day off of work. Prague before us. DATE DAY!!! So we went to a cool mall they have in NovĂ˝ Smichov and had sushi at a running sushi bar (my first time ever...it was awesome...especially when Dan tried to grab a plate going by, forgetting that he still had chopsticks in his hand, and got stuck thus causing a collision of sushi on the conveyor belt...ha ha ha...good times) Then we caught the first showing of Alice in Wonderland in the Czech Republic...in English! What a great day!




1 comment:

Frank N said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day because of our departure flight! When you guys come to visit us we'll take you to another sushi boat place! Sorry we took your "Spring" away.