Tuesday, September 21, 2010

daybook
september 21




Outside my window...perfect blue skies with large puffy white clouds, a chilly fall breeze that brings with it that singular spicy Autumn scent. And at night, BATS...hundreds of bats eating the mosquitos. It is a sight to see.

From the kitchen...Bekah's semi-homemade peanut butter cake with peanut butter-maple pecan icing. Yummy!

I am thankful for...an understanding husband who listens to me and tries to ehlp me with my problems.


A thought I am pondering...We work to feed our appetites; meanwhile our souls go hungry. Ecclesiastes 6:7


I'm going...

I am reading..."Soul Cravings" by Erwin McManus. It talks about what we as humans desire and how to find fulfillment. It breaks the desires down into categories and we will be exploring each category with our Bible study group. http://erwinmcmanus.com/soulcravings/


I am hearing...a happy cat purring on my lap. We are glad Scriffers is home.


Around the house...mosquitos. Every night they swarm around our heads...but don't bite...why? I guess they are just coming in to escape the outdoor buffet set up by the bats.


I am hoping...

A few plans for the rest of the week: checking out the new Marks and Spencer store in the city. Marks and Spencer was amazing. It is like having an awesome Macy'sand Target rolled into one, sort of. A wonderful thing to have here and a bit of a vacation...you forget that you aren't in America until you step up to pay and the cashier is talking to you in Czech.

A picture thought I am sharing:



Civilisation! Yeah, baby!!

No comments: