Sunday, February 07, 2010

invitation to a changed life
a dose of medicine

The flu has taken over our house. I am playing nursemaid and hoping I don't catch it. It is amazing when someone in your household is sick, or when you are sick, how the world just stops. Life completely changes. Everything feels different. And, strangely enough, it is hard to remember wht normal life feels like. Stir craziness is setting in. Danny hasn't left the bed in three days. Roxie leaves the bed only to visit the toilet. Breakfast for everyone is lime jello. Lime jello makes everything better; tummies, moods...it has little mandarin oranges floating in it. Like small little smiles. I am sitting in front of the computer trying to be thankful for this time. What is good about right now? I need a dose of lime jello with mandarin orange smiles attitude adjuster.
Good:
I am not sick and can take care of everyone.
Good:
we had no plans this weekend so the world could stop for us to get well.
Good:
lots of time to lay around and talk.
Good:
bad weather makes you want to stay home anyway.
Good:
the mere existence of lime jello makes me thankful.
Good:
knowing this will go away in a few days and we will remember what normal life is like.
Good:
that God can teach about love and goodness and patience in the moments where you are holding up your kid's hair while her face is hanging miserably over the toilet.
Good:
that in our weakness His strength is revealed.


I have taken my medicine and it is good.

No comments: