Tuesday, March 16, 2010




daybook

march 16



Outside my window...the sun is up and the snow is rapidly melting. No more snow predicted for the next 10 days. maybe Spring is coming!!! (this was written at five am...now it is 2 pm and it snowed all morning...man...)


From the kitchen...Thanks again to Frank and Tony for providing inspiration. I have made menus, researched recipes, gone shopping and made food!! Our faves so far...fresh hummus and pita bread and asian noodles with green onions.


I am wearing...well, I was wearing light brown pinstriped trousers and a pink, short-sleeved buttondown shirt, pink quartz and wooden bead necklace and brown patent leather wooden-heeled shoes...but now, after a long day at work and a messed up stomach, I am wearing flannel Hello Kitty pajamas.

Pondering these words... Father, we acknowledge your greatness: all your actions show your wisdom and love. You formed man in your own likeness and set him over the whole world to serve you, his creator, and to rule over all creatures. Even when he disobeyed you and lost your friendship you did not abandon him to the power of death, but helped all men to seek and find you. Again and again you offered a covenant to man, and through the prophets taught him to hope for salvation. Eucharistic Prayer IV



I am thankful for...laughter with friends at work


I am going...to have a Lenten Tea Time with my girls today. I baked almond cookies and it is a perfect snowy day for tea.



I am reading...Stephen King's newest book "Under the Dome"...I have almost finished it. I have had trouble putting it down...there are a few parts in it that are questionable, otherwise it is fantastic...



I am hearing...two children hidden away in their room furiously pumping out homework. The sounds of pencil scratching at paper, zippers on pencilcases and pages turning.



Around the house...All paint and materials purchased for our under the stairs hideout. Painting commences on March 20th.


I am hoping...for Spring. While tending a garden my heart grows full to bursting with joy. Winter, in this aspect, leaves me wanting.


One of my favorite things...Malaysian Tea from Jakarta...Hey Fiana, did Ion get me some while he was there???



A few plans for the rest of the week: a meeting at the International school in our town to discuss a student exchange. Some of my colleagues have already given their list of students they would like to "exchange"...ha ha ha...good luck with that...



A picture thought I am sharing...



This is the Mayor's cat. She's still a kitten but apparently the cat laws are different from human laws 'cuz our cat, Scriffers, knocked her up anyway. She looks really uncomfortable. The mayor's wife (my student, Martina) said their cat should deliver the kittens this week. I will keep you updated...poor thing...OUCH!!!

No comments: