Wednesday, March 24, 2010


a few of my favorite things
Indická restaurace, České Budějovice

(this is a new theme...every Wednesday I will highlight a favorite of mine)
Tandoori nan

Mushroom marsala
First place at the food festival




Fabulous, exotic atmosphere and really nice people who speak better English than Czech. They are all from Nepal, having come here about 6 years ago. The food is fantastic, cheapish and not Czech food...which is highly important to my mental well being. It is so good to step into the restaurant and feel transported away to another place for a couple of hours. They know us there and we almost don't have to order. The girls love it there and each of us has our favorite dish. I try to eat only half of my food so I have a yummy lunch to look forward to the next day. Tonight we will be there with danny's students. I am going to order chicken badam pasanda with almonds, tandoori nan, raita salad and jeera rice. YUMMY!!!
Check them out...the website is in English (with a few funny bad translations)
http://www.indickarestaurace.cz/en/1/index.html

No comments: