Wednesday, April 14, 2010




Play this video


a few of my favourite things
uncle jay

I get my news exclusively online. And from my students. Czechs are extremely well-read and informed. They pay attention to world events. Yesterday, my third graders and I discussed the untimely deaths of the Polish president, his wife and many other government officials. These kids knew the names of the officials as well as the names of the Czech reporters who also died in the crash. They knew of the contorversy surrounding the crash, that the pilot had been told not to land in Smolensk and a small debate arose in class as to whom decided to land there anyway. Many of my students think the Polish president, Kaczynski, demanded that the pilot land in Smolensk regardless of weather. I was stunned that these 8 year olds were interested in this topic and knew many of the facts. They were asking me if I had caught it on the news.

I also watch Uncle Jay every Monday....
http://unclejayexplains.com/

No comments: