Sunday, April 11, 2010

invitation to a changed life
messy


Anyone who knows me knows that I am a perfectionist. I hold myself and others around me to a shocking standard that even I am not able to keep up with. I can go for a while in my own strength, keeping everything in order, physically, mentally and spiritually, but then my strength fails and I wind up a heap on the floor. A real mess. I am fortunate that my Savior loves me even when I am messy. He excels in dealing with messy lives and messy hearts within messy people. Sometimes I must embrace a mess...in myself, my husband and my own children, releasing them from my irrational need to control and give them over to the creator of order from chaos. He embraces the mess within us. Hope for us all.


"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

The words of Jesus for us as true and alive as they were over 2,000 years ago...Matthew 11:28-29

No comments: