Friday, September 17, 2010



soulcravings
meaning


Our Bible study group meets tonight for the first time after the summer holidays. This semester we will be talking about how our soul was created to crave, to seek out the one who loves us most. But these cravings for love, intimacy, destiny and meaning are often misinterpreted and other things or people are sought after to fulfill our soul's desires. In my own life I can think of many things that I have pursued even though I know only God can fill the emptiness. I am excited to walk on this path with the members of our Bible study group. We will be looking to answer the question, "What gives life meaning?".

When I look at what gives my life meaning, over and over again I see that I am a slave to my accomplishments. I feel less worthy, somehow, if I am not accomplishing something. As long as I have walked with God I have struggled with this. I am eager to share with you each week my journey to find the fulfillment to my soul's craving for meaning...this meaning comes from outside myself. My soul can only be satisfied when my eyes are on Him who taught my soul to crave.

Soul Cravings by Erwin McManus. It talks about what we as humans desire and how to find fulfillment.  http://erwinmcmanus.com/soulcravings/

No comments: