Tuesday, October 05, 2010

journey towards wisdom
day 4

It's better to have a partner than go it alone.
Share the work, share the wealth.
And if one falls down, the other helps,
But if there's no one to help, tough!
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

I could not have survived this last month without hiking in the woods with Danny. Getting out of the house, away from work, removed from the problematic situations and exercising does wonders. But the key to it is the time I get to spend alone with Danny just talking. He is a great support to me, an experienced sounding board and really wise when dispensing advice. I go to him when I have troubles because I know I am not strong enough to bear it alone, nor wise enough to sort it on my own. God is my refuge, my tower of strength and Danny is my partner on this earth. Together we work and we lift each other up when one is stumbling. There is joy in knowing that there is always someone who's got your back.

1 comment:

Gramma said...

Amen to that!