Thursday, October 07, 2010

journey towards wisdom
day 5

Watch your step when you enter God's house.
Enter to learn. That's far better than mindlessly offering
a sacrifice, doing more harm than good.
Ecclesiastes 5:1

As a lazy person, it is far easier for me to mindlessly offer something than to seek to change and take the steps to change. Usually change requires effort and a humility that I often don't possess. Am I willing to admit that I don't measure up and that I require improvement? Am I willing to concede that I don't know it all and have much to learn? Do I recognize that God does not want to leave me in my current state, but instead wants to mold me into something useable that glorifies Him?

Help me, God, My Father, to own up to the fact that I need you. That my offerings and sacrifices mean less when I refuse to change, to repent and walk your way. Change me, change my heart and make me new. Help me to be teachable and strip away my pride. Amen.

No comments: