Monday, March 22, 2010


lent
after a long, dark winter comes hope
The path of Lent as it moves toward Easter reflects in my heart the season of change underscoring my world here in CZ. Months of darkness and bitter cold have left me hollow as a husk and sorrowful. As if I'd never again be cheerful. Then in the blink of an eye, clouds part and suddenly the sky is a shade of blue I'd long since forgotten existed and once again I am lifted to the highest heights and left wanting for nothing. A miracle.
As the darkness of our transgressions, angst and mortality washes over us we are made harshly aware of the cost of our iniquity. It is imperative, in this black of night that we be conscious of the suffering, so that we can rejoice in the clear dawn of morning. Hope comes and it comes to all. A hope that lifts the veil and releases us from the death-bag we have so deftly woven around us. This hope was bought at too great a price to ever forget that which was suffered on our behalf.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

No comments: