Tuesday, August 24, 2010

daybook
august 24

Outside my window...wind blowing in heavy gray clouds bringing bursts of rain then a patch of blinding sunlight.

From the kitchen...nothing. We ate at school today as we were in seminars all day and the girls were at school playing with friends. So, we all gathered at the cafeteria at noon and sat down to the best lasagna this side of the Vltava River complete with bread, salad and to start, broccoli soup...YUMMY!

I am wearing...a ballet pink tank with ribboon rosettes all along the top, jean capris and high patent-leather wedge sandals with big roses on the toes

I am thankful for...my new co-workers welcoming me to the school so heartily.

A thought I am pondering...Don't stealthily move back the boundary lines or cheat orphans out of their property, for they have a powerful Advocate who will go to bat for them. Proverbs 23:10,11

I'm going...to fall asleep quickly tonight as I've worked hard today getting things ready and attending many seminars.

I am reading..."The Teaching Gap" by James Stigler and James Hiebert. This book contrasts the culture of classrooms and teaching in America, Japan and Germany...it is fascinating.


I am hearing...silence. The girls both have new books to read that they borrowed from their friends' house.

Around the house...orderliness and cleanliness. I am being vigilant about the amount of chaos I can handle which is zero right now.

I am hoping...that I can get everything finished by Friday afternoon in preparation for Monday morning as I have been given a few more jobs from the head of the primary school today.

A few plans for the rest of the week: work and collapsing.

A picture thought I am sharing:

First Day of School
2007

No comments: